Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Writing a Book

I am a book worm, I do read lot of books and I got bunch of books at home and you will find at least one book in my bag along with my Laptop, Pad, Pens, Badge, CDs, and lot of other things.

I generally read almost all types of books, but my most favorite. books are those which deals with philosophy, history, autobiography, stories, novels, and knowledge related books. Yeah you got it right, computer books are not my favorite to read.

Being a book worm I always want to write my own book, many times I thought of writing book on different topics, but one topic in which I can write book easily and can write well will be on computer stuff rather than writing book on history or something else.

So, finally I have decided to touch very interesting topic but very less books you will find on this topic. So while I was thinking of writing book on a topic, other idea stroked in my mind, and which is surely going to make it worth reading book and trying it out.

I got book on 3D Studio Max - named Foundations of 3DS Max 6, software is most used 3D Animation Software in media industry, for creating game animations, models, also animation and special effects in movies. The book is not at all related to general programming or game programming but it deals with the 3D Modeling and Animation.

Then I have got book on DirectX - named Managed DirectX 9 Kick Start : Graphics and Game Programming, DirectX is used to develop games on Windows Platform, I will write more about DirectX sometime later, like why DirectX is required and why we cant really just write games directly without using DirectX, in fact really nice question, but will explain it a bit later on.

And lastly got one book on Game Programming - named Beginning .NET Game Programming in VB.NET, book deals with not just .NET Game Programming but also talk a lot about fundamentals of developing game, etc...

Okay, so while I was reading all three books and going through them, I decided to develop one fanatic game. But used to face lots of difficulties as Game development needs nice 3D Graphics, book helped me in creating them, but fails to create models which I can use for game development and had figure out things by myself and similar problems with the game programming, game programming talks about using model but model was simple 3d model and not flexible for to be use in game programming so again failed and faced a lot of problem with that, but after a lot of struggle able to do it :D.

Now, the coolest idea which I mentioned earlier is that, now that I am expert in 3D Max, already expert in Programming and also Game Development I have decided to write a single book which coveres all topics of Game Programming, which includes 3D Animation and Modeling + Game Fundamentals + Game Programming + DirectX Programming and I might include something on Music ??? yeah Music, I can play music very well (4years of training :D), but don't have good electronic keyboard with me, but I am going to buy one soon, but let's see might include in book, not sure about Music, but special effect sounds for sure are going to there and how to use them.

So did you like my idea? you heard about One Stop Shop, now its One Book Develop Full Game. I am not going to completely devote my time in writing this book. Will be also posting other things on blog, but will also show progress of my book writing.

No comments: