Friday, June 08, 2007

Celebrating Decade

I am celebrating a decade :P, its been 10 years I am using internet :D yeah 1997 is the year when I got my first ever internet connection from VSNL for 3,000rs for 100 hours :D on dial-up at speed of wooping 36kbps :D and later on 56kbps.

And also I am celebrating decade for a programming :D, yes I am completed 10 years of me into programming and now I am spending very less time in programming more into business and meetings into architecturing.

Remembering good old days… when…
- Your best friend for coding was none other than notepad.
- You did debugging using paper and pen.
- You did dirty debugging by putting write to console line of code to just see that values are computing proper.

Today also dirty debugging works, when debugging tools doesn’t help you out.

- Internet was just a place where you chat, check email and download games.
- You liked telnet kind of internet a lot than browser internet.
- You used internet only for hour so that you don’t run out of hours and telephone bills.
- There was handful of reasons to use internet.
- You spend more time watching TV rather than surfing on internet.

Plus, lots of things are there, I am just too happy to celebrate decade in this industry.

3 comments:

Ray of Light said...

Congratulations to you!!!! Here's hoping that you celebrate a Century of using internet! :)

Dhaval Faria said...

thank you :) btw who are you?

Unknown said...

hey, your post took me back to the old days when it all began. Wow. life was different then. Today we just feel out of place if we are not online. I bet there are many like us. Not just the IT folks but even others.