Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Bye Bye Netscape

AOL announced that Netscape wont be Supported from 1st February 2008 - Source - http://blog.netscape.com/2007/12/28/end-of-support-for-netscape-web-browsers/

I have a very special respect for Netscape, its because of Netscape I am what I am :)... not talking about internet... ok let me talk in a more detail... 1997 got my first internet connection that time Netscape was the only browser popular among the users, I still remember version number Netscape Navigator 4.5 and 4.6 being my mots fav that time... I used Netscape Navigator to surf web sites, check emails and many more things... one day accidently or fortunately I mistaked Composer option in Netscape as Compose for email... which incidently had the same icon and with same name and same place for writing email in netscape email program (dont remeber name but operated from same application), I thought Composer is for email, clicked on it... and I was introduced to a whole new world of HTML... and my journey begins to the programming world :), and one more respect to Netscape for coming up with javascript....

its sad to know that Netscape wont be there sooner.. which will actually mean lesser competition and might slow down the development in the browser market.. the kind of revolution you can see in IE from IE 6 to IE 7 and in next version IE 8 is because of competition from Firefox, Opera and others... hope this continues and consumers gets more out of it.

Netscape will be remembered forever.

PS: I stopped using Netscape after IE 4.1

1 comment:

Unknown said...

NOW WE ARE USING FIREFOX YEEEH
Cheers,
Melayu Boleh